Avenger Endgame

From left, Hawkeye/Clint Barton (Jeremy Renner), War Machine/James Rhodey (Don Cheadle), Iron Man/Tony Stark (Robert Downey Jr.), Captain America/Steve Rogers (Chris Evans), Nebula (Karen Gillan), Rocket (voiced by Bradley Cooper), Ant-Man/Scott Lang (Paul Rudd) and Black Widow/Natasha Romanoff (Scarlett Johansson) are all alive at the beginning of "Avengers: Endgame," but some of them may not make it to the end. (Marvel Studios 2019/TNS)

“Avengers: Endgame” is the perfect, bittersweet ending to 11 years of Marvel movies. It made me laugh, it made me cry (six times) and it made me feel empty inside because my favorite movie series was finally over.

Even if you’re not a huge Marvel fan or have only seen a few of the movies, I still highly recommend that you see this movie. The plot gives enough backstory about the stones and the snap for people who are unfamiliar with the entire Marvel Cinematic Universe and all of its heroes.

“Avengers: Infinity War” ends with half of our beloved Marvel characters disappearing with Thanos’ snap with his Infinity Gauntlet leaving audiences everywhere in the summer of 2018 shocked, confused and full of despair. “Endgame” picks up immediately after the snap with the remaining characters feeling and looking like crap. Our beloved Avengers are torn between moving on and trying to find a solution to undo the damage caused by Thanos.

While it’s very hard to review the movie without spoiling anything, the plot of the movie was not what I expected at all. I knew that the remaining Avengers would try to come up with a solution to undo the snap, but the way they went about trying to fix everything was not on my radar until it was actually suggested in the movie. 

Since this is the last big Marvel movie where we see a lot of characters’ stories come to an end, it’s expected that viewers will become emotional due to the amazing writing and character development that has been evolving for over a decade. Don’t feel embarrassed about shedding a tear or two –– Chris Evans said that he cried six times while viewing “Endgame,” so if Captain America can be confident in his crying, so can you.

There are many humorous and meme-able moments throughout the film as well. Similar to “Infinity War” when there was an intense scene that had viewers on the edge of their seats, a beloved character would whip out a snarky comment or humorous line that would have the audience erupt with laughter and made me love the movie and the MCU even more.

One aspect of the movie viewing process that made “Endgame” more enjoyable was watching the movie in a packed theater. There was an unspoken comradery between the audience members and it made my heart happy when we all clapped and cheered during a heartwarming moment, gasped during a suspenseful scene, and held our breath during the credits trying to savor as much of the movie as we could.

There are no complaints that I have about “Avengers: Endgame” because it fits the formula of the perfect movie. The Russo brothers and all of the actors did a fantastic job on this movie, and I plan on seeing it a second and maybe even a third time. I give “Avengers: Endgame” five out of five stars.

Lifestyles Editor

Emily is a Multimedia Journalism major with minors in Professional and Technical Writing and Pop Culture. When Emily isn’t doing homework she’s either re-watching “Gilmore Girls” or jamming out to Taylor Swift.