Alight Blacksburg Apartment Complex

The alight apartment complex, October 19, 2022

If you are anything like me, apartment hunting is a daunting task, especially with the overwhelming housing possibilities in Blacksburg. Thus, I decided to do a bit of digging and found seven great apartment complexes scattered throughout the town, each with its own perks and drawbacks.

Cedar Pointe Apartments

Cedar Pointe is a pet-friendly mix of studio and two-bedroom apartments. They are fully furnished with open floor plans, and provide a beautiful space to spend time with friends and family. There are washers and dryers included in each unit and electric vehicle charging stations around the complex. Although it would be a long walk to get to class every day, it’s about a 10-minute drive with a Virginia Tech parking pass.

Vue Apartments

The Vue apartments have a pet-friendly mix of one, two and three-bedroom apartments. They are open floor plans and include extra touches like sliding barn doors that make the apartment feel more upscale. The washer and dryers are included in the unit and EV charging stations are available. While it may be hard to commute on foot on a daily basis, the Vue is only a short 10-minute drive from campus. 

Pack Place Apartments

Pack Place is a mixture of two and three-bedroom apartments. With a prime location right across the street from campus and just in front of The Edge apartments, you don’t have to worry about taking the bus or getting a parking pass. Each unit has a dishwasher, HVAC, private balcony and LVP flooring with laundry onsite. Pack Place is not pet-friendly but it provides a great option close to campus for a good price.

Shawnee Apartments

Shawnee Apartments has pet-friendly options of spacious one, two and three-bedroom apartments. The complex has a central high-tech laundry facility along with outdoor and recreation amenities. This includes a swimming pool, community room and picnic and grilling areas. Shawnee is approximately a 35-minute walk to campus and an 8-10 minute drive. Finally, there is 24-hour emergency maintenance and lockout service along with parking for both residents and their guests. You can also use the Toms Creek bus line, which runs throughout University Boulevard. 

Cascades Pointe

Cascades Pointe is a one, two and three-bedroom apartment complex. It is roughly a 10-minute drive to campus and has easy access to the BT bus lines, specifically the Main Street South line. Cascades Pointe is very close to many activities in the First and Main shopping mall and many restaurants, shopping options and grocery stores due to its location at the base of South Main Street. It is also conveniently located close to the Montgomery Regional Hospital. The complex also has amenities such as picnic tables and dog walk areas. Cascades Pointe is located on the VCOM side of Virginia Tech’s campus and offers a range of exciting possibilities.

The Row at Blacksburg

The Row at Blacksburg is a smaller living community that offers two and four-bedroom units that include updated interiors and stylish exteriors. The generous floor plans with all four-bedroom units being all over 2,000 square feet come fully furnished. The utilities include Wi-Fi, trash and recycling with residents being responsible for water, sewer, and electricity. The Row at Blacksburg is within walking distance of campus, averaging about 15 minutes, and only about a five-minute drive. With limited parking, off-street parking is offered at an extra annual fee to residents. The complex also has easy access to a multitude of BT lines including Main Street North, North Main Givens, Patrick Henry Dr and Progress Street and is very convenient to many restaurants and other downtown activities.

The Landing at Stonegate

The Landing at Stonegate is made up of pet-friendly two, three and four-bedroom apartments and townhomes. Each has private carpeted bedrooms, bathrooms, walk-in closets, wood-style vinyl flooring, natural wood accents, stainless steel appliance and a 40” TV for each living room. There is also a washer and dryer in every unit. The complex provides a resident clubhouse, lounge spaces with study areas, fitness centers, 24-hour maintenance, an outdoor patio area and grilling stations. The Landing at Stonegate is a quick 20 minute walk to campus, and a drive of only five minutes. It is also convenient to many BT lines, not to mention how close it is to downtown and its countless restaurants. 

Now it’s up to you to decide if any of these are your next home away from home. Good luck Hokies, and happy apartment hunting!