Homecoming Court

(LEFT to RIGHT) Katherine DiDonato, Ryan Niblock, Anthony Fisher and Jordan Selep stand together as the Marching Virginians play, Nov. 3, 2018.

Virginia Tech Homecoming has arrived, and various organizations have arranged activities throughout the week of Oct. 14–19 to help students, alumni and community members celebrate.

Campfire Kickoff

The Campfire Kickoff was the first celebration of the week. Musical performances by four student acapella groups and individual students entertained the community Monday, Oct. 14, at the Duck Pond amphitheater. Along with the entertainment, the opportunity to make s'mores around a campfire was held from 6:30–8:30 p.m.

Homecoming’s got talent

Sixteen Homecoming Court candidates will compete in a talent show Tuesday, Oct. 15. This event allows candidates to promote their platforms to students and a panel of campus celebrity judges. The event will be held at 8 p.m. in Haymarket Theatre and is free to the public.

Laugh Riot

This year’s Laugh Riot comedy show will headline comedian Ron Funches with Shapel Lacey supporting. Tickets are $5 for students and $20 for the public. The show will be held in Squires Commonwealth Ballroom at 8 p.m. on Wednesday, Oct. 16. The Laugh Riot comedy show is an annual Virginia Tech homecoming week tradition hosted by the Virginia Tech Union.

Homecoming Concert: Megan Thee Stallion with Key Glock

The Black Student Alliance presents rapper Megan Thee Stallion with special guest Key Glock for the annual homecoming concert. Megan Thee Stallion is known for the Billboard Hot 100 hit Hot Girl Summer. The concert will be in Burruss Auditorium on Thursday, Oct. 17. Doors will open at 7:30 p.m. and the event will start at 8:30 p.m. Tickets for students are $15 and tickets for the public are $25. A clear bag policy will be in effect. There is a no re-entry policy if you exit Burruss Hall.

Spirit Rally

The Student Alumni Association will be hosting a spirit rally to build hype around homecoming. The rally also acts as an opportunity to enhance the study body’s knowledge of the homecoming court nominees’ platforms. Performances and acts will be performed by a variety of organizations like Dance Company at Virginia Tech. The event will be held at the graduate life center lawn Friday, Oct. 18, starting at 7 p.m.

Main Street parade

The annual homecoming parade will go through Downtown Blacksburg and end at Torgersen Hall on Saturday, Oct. 19. The event will start at 9 a.m. Around 45 organizations from the Blacksburg and Virginia Tech community will participate in the parade.

Virginia Tech Homecoming Game

The kickoff of the Virginia Tech vs. North Carolina football game will be at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday, Oct. 19. The theme of the game will be Maroon Effect.

Throughout the week students will have the opportunity to vote for homecoming court via Gobblerconnect. Voting will take place from Oct. 14 at 12:01 a.m. to Oct. 18 at 11:45 p.m. Winners will be announced during halftime at the homecoming game vs. UNC.