On Tuesday, Oct. 16, the Virginia Tech Police arrested two men who were allegedly connected to the campus burglary in Harper Hall last month.

Kevin Lamont Rogers Jr. and Dwahn Harrell Jr. were arrested on campus without incident. Neither is a Virginia Tech student.

Rogers and Harrell were charged with one count of burglary. Moreover, Harrell was served with two arrest warrants from Albemarle County and one arrest warrant from Newport News, Virginia, all for petit larceny.

They are being held in the Montgomery County Jail without bond.

According to VT News, Virginia Tech Police Chief Kevin L. Foust said this is a reminder that college and university campuses are not immune to “this type of criminal behavior.”

“We must all remain vigilant and continue to safeguard our property in residence halls rooms and throughout campus,” Foust said.

The Virginia Tech Police Department is asking anyone who has more information about this event to call the Virginia Tech Police Department at 540-382-4343.

Additionally, students who suspect crime or any suspicious activity on campus can contact the Virginia Tech Police Department or dial 911 in the case of emergencies. Anonymous tips can also be reported online or through the LiveSafe mobile app. A full list of Virginia Tech Police Department’s contact information is available here.

News Editor

Tahreem Alam is a sophomore in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences with majors in multimedia journalism and international relations. She spends endless hours watching proper ways to take care of cats, even though she has yet to adopt one.