Thanksgiving Feast Brings Friends Together - Collegiate Times : Virginia Tech

|
||

Thanksgiving Feast Brings Friends Together

Posted: Wednesday, November 14, 2012 12:00 am

Students anticipating a delicious Thanksgiving dinner got their wish one week in advance at D2 and Owen’s Thanksgiving Feast yesterday.

“My boyfriend told me about it,” said Mayss Saadoon, freshman meteorology major. “It was perfect timing, because the feast doubled as a birthday dinner for our friend.”

Students of all ages looked forward to the Thanksgiving event, even seniors that returned for the fourth time to celebrate.

“I heard about it freshman year and it’s been a great experience ever since,” said Andrew Puckett, a senior business information technology major.

The freshmen corps students also enjoyed the occasion as a group, having been advised to go by the upperclassmen members.

“They made a big deal about it,” said James Turbyfill, a freshman finance major. “But the unlimited cheesecake was really my main motive for going.”

For many students, the feast served as an enjoyable ending to a busy week of exams before break.

“I’m so tired from classes, so I was glad to have time with my friends before we leave,” said Saadoon. “I’m so excited to go home and see my family.”

Puckett agreed that Thanksgiving break is always a good chance for family bonding.

“The fact that my family is separated across the country and we all come to one dinner table on Thanksgiving is great,” Puckett said.

Turbyfill is also looking forward to Thanksgiving at home.

“Nothing beats Nana’s cooking, but this feast was definitely a great idea to bring the student body together,” Turbyfill said.