Tech to conduct tornado drill - Collegiate Times : Virginia Tech

|
||

Tech to conduct tornado drill

Posted: Monday, March 14, 2011 12:00 am

Virginia Tech will conduct a tornado drill at about 9:30 a.m., this morning, March 15, in conjunction with a statewide drill.

According to a Tech news release, the desktop, text message, e-mail and on-campus siren components of the VT Alerts system will be tested.

The release said that students, faculty and staff are encouraged to participate in the drill as if there were a real threat of a tornado.

"Students can expect to see exercise activities in Squires Student Center where building wardens will be activated and signage indicating areas of refuge will be posted," the release said. "At Dietrick dining center, there will be information on actions to be taken by patrons in the event of an actual tornado. In residence halls, posters with guidelines to help identify safe areas in buildings will be posted to help students to develop a personal plan in the event of a tornado or other severe weather event."

Students can find more information about tornado safety and Tuesday's drill on Tech's website.