Me Too Graphic

It is often misconstrued that any type of criticism implies ignorance or a predetermined hate. These presumptions are never helpful, and will never encourage any healthy dialogue. Women’s movements have accomplished tremendous feats in the past; there is no refuting that. It is my objection to their use of identity politics and victimization as a tool of furthering their political and social influence that I rightfully defend.

People realize what feminism has become as of recently. It emulates a man-hating agenda filled with an endless list of complaints about the “evil” patriarchal system. Third-wave feminism takes a destructive and dangerous approach to equality and places too much importance on group identity. Telling women they are victims simply because of their gender is extremely dishonest and potentially catastrophic.

Feminism has completely lost its way in the eyes of many people all over the world. For instance, over half of women in the U.K. do not identify themselves as feminists. In the U.S. results were similar — polling findings indicated that more than half of millennial women do not identify as feminists. When it comes to men, only about 16 percent in the U.S. and 4 percent in the U.K. identify themselves as such. Interestingly enough, 82 percent of those polled in the United States still believed that men and women should be social, political and economic equals.

Third-wave feminism’s acceptance of a theory called intersectionality is a prime example of its ludicracy. Coined by UCLA Professor Kimberle Crenshaw, intersectionality is defined as “the complex, cumulative manner in which the effects of different forms of discrimination combine, overlap, or intersect.”This approach essentially allows people to place themselves lower on the victim ladder if they can check a few more boxes in the diversity column. Choosing an array of identities would make that person the “Lebron James” of intersectionality, or as I call it, the victimhood Olympics.

It is the movement’s distaste for the current state of women that is quite perplexing to me. In any society, there are problems that must be addressed and fought for, and these movements do a great job in that aspect.Feminist movements should strive for equality of opportunity rather than equality of outcome. Equality of outcome is a common fault of and dangerous approach to improving any society. There are absolutely no systematic barriers in the way of women succeeding. If anything, the system is set up to advance women and other minorities socially and economically. Equality of opportunity is the most essential attribute of an efficient political system, and it certainly exists in America. Women’s hardships are not a product of the so-called patriarchy; they are products of their life choices and personality traits.

Criticizing the rhetoric and tactics of these progressive movements is frowned upon by their supporters. Their mob rule mentality has become infectious to the point that any criticism is deemed as sexist or misogynistic as I stated in my previous article. I still stand by my claim that there is no rape culture in the United States, but that does not deny the fact that sexual assault and rape still occur. Stating that we live in a culture that accepts or supports male sexual aggression is a gross exaggeration. If you are curious as to what a real rape culture is, I suggest you take a look into Middle Eastern countries where rape is truly accepted and women are seen as property, not humans.

If you tell someone they are a victim their entire life simply because of their sex, you are creating an illusion and essentially setting them up for failure. As higher education, media and women’s movements continue to impose this rhetoric upon people, victimhood culture and identity politics will only continue to divide our society into a state of utter chaos.

Feminist movements promote healthy dialogue, inclusivity and social justice