If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here.

• Comments

Virginia Tech’s central method of gathering student feedback on teaching is falling short. The university must change the composition of the SPOT survey if it wishes to value student feedback. 

• Comments

Editor's note: This letter to the editor was submitted prior to the announcement being made that tailgating will now be prohibited in Blacksburg and/or at Virginia Tech. Find more information here. 

• Comments

At first, I considered addressing these thoughts simply to boomers; however, I have since come to realize that many of my young peers have also adopted the mannerisms that I take issue with. Thus, I invite all readers, young and old, to consider what I have to say. 

• Comments

At Virginia Tech, innovations aren’t exclusive to inventions; breakthroughs aren’t always scientific; and maroon and orange aren’t our only two colors. The true strength of Virginia Tech isn’t the size of its endowment or the height of its halls, but the determination of students from differ…

• Comments

These are challenging times in the realm of Hokie football, but as observers, the reasons behind those challenges are far beyond our control. That being said, as Hokies, we do have our place in the stands. It might come as news to some of you, but there are some unwritten obligations that ev…

• Comments

Virginia Tech often highlights its commitment to diversity and promise of a level playing field for all students. Religious minorities looking to celebrate their holidays have struggled to reconcile this with their lived experiences at Virginia Tech. The Faculty Handbook and Hokie Handbook l…

• Comments

I remember four years ago, when I came to visit Blacksburg for the very first time — it was gorgeous. There were rolling green hills with red barns dispersed throughout, and heavily forested mountains. The drive alone nearly won me over, and the campus and its endless possibilities did the r…

featured top story
  • Comments

As Virginia Tech students and residents of the great Commonwealth of Virginia, we are ashamed, disappointed and angered by the news that has come out regarding our governor and state attorney general. The recent revelations that have come out about their past behaviors are shocking and unacc…

• Comments

I have never felt a high quite like that of my senior year at Virginia Tech. The culmination of all my work in the previous years, both in my academic life and social life, were finally at their peaks. From managing the photography section at the Collegiate Times, to running Humans of Virgin…