If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here.

These are challenging times in the realm of Hokie football, but as observers, the reasons behind those challenges are far beyond our control. That being said, as Hokies, we do have our place in the stands. It might come as news to some of you, but there are some unwritten obligations that ev…

Virginia Tech often highlights its commitment to diversity and promise of a level playing field for all students. Religious minorities looking to celebrate their holidays have struggled to reconcile this with their lived experiences at Virginia Tech. The Faculty Handbook and Hokie Handbook l…

I remember four years ago, when I came to visit Blacksburg for the very first time — it was gorgeous. There were rolling green hills with red barns dispersed throughout, and heavily forested mountains. The drive alone nearly won me over, and the campus and its endless possibilities did the r…

featured top story

As Virginia Tech students and residents of the great Commonwealth of Virginia, we are ashamed, disappointed and angered by the news that has come out regarding our governor and state attorney general. The recent revelations that have come out about their past behaviors are shocking and unacc…

featured

It’s important that we talk about the article published in the Collegiate Times on Sunday. Titled “Women’s rights movements provoke mass hysteria, perpetuate victimhood culture,” this article attacks both the #MeToo and feminist movements. As I read the article, I was first angered, then hor…

I have never felt a high quite like that of my senior year at Virginia Tech. The culmination of all my work in the previous years, both in my academic life and social life, were finally at their peaks. From managing the photography section at the Collegiate Times, to running Humans of Virgin…

In light of recent events, I would like to address the growing narrative being suggested that Virginia Tech has some kind of racism problem. Ever since the women’s lacrosse team incident, there have been accusations on social media that Virginia Tech is behind on diversity, and cries that we…

featured

Dear Editor of the Collegiate Times,

I would hope that if the reporters and opinion writers of the Collegiate Times failed to know and incorporate facts into their reporting, the editors would inject some fact checking — guess not.

President Trump opened his State of the Union address by acknowledging the heroic first responders who came to the aid of victims in the floods that devastated Houston, Texas, and the wildfires that engulfed California. It’s a pity he didn’t mention what made these natural disasters so deadl…

centerpiece

Last year, almost two dozen colleagues from both sides of the aisle and both Houses of the General Assembly came together to support the radical idea that a degree from one of Virginia’s public colleges or universities shouldn’t come with a virtual lifetime of student debt.

featured

Despite overwhelming evidence and public comments that the Atlantic Coast and Mountain Valley pipelines would repeatedly violate Virginia water quality standards, the Virginia Department of Environmental Quality (DEQ) is recommending that the Water Control Board approve Water Quality Certifi…

featured

As a society we have begun to point out the importance of telling survivors of sexual violence that we believe them. It is a crucial first step in the healing process for anyone who has experienced this trauma. The steps that follow those words, however, have not been as helpful. Many studen…

Coming from rural western Virginia, I know how important health care is to rural populations. When my older sister was 25, she overdosed on opioids. Without the Affordable Care Act (ACA), my sister would not still have coverage under my parent’s health insurance. Without that coverage, her h…