If you're interested in submitting a Letter to the Editor, click here.

featured top story

To President Tim Sands, Virginia Tech Administration, Office of Equity and Accessibility (Title IX), Student Conduct, Virginia Tech Police Department, Human Resources and the Women’s Center 

Editor's note: This letter to the editor was submitted prior to the announcement being made that tailgating will now be prohibited in Blacksburg and/or at Virginia Tech. Find more information here. 

At first, I considered addressing these thoughts simply to boomers; however, I have since come to realize that many of my young peers have also adopted the mannerisms that I take issue with. Thus, I invite all readers, young and old, to consider what I have to say. 

At Virginia Tech, innovations aren’t exclusive to inventions; breakthroughs aren’t always scientific; and maroon and orange aren’t our only two colors. The true strength of Virginia Tech isn’t the size of its endowment or the height of its halls, but the determination of students from differ…

These are challenging times in the realm of Hokie football, but as observers, the reasons behind those challenges are far beyond our control. That being said, as Hokies, we do have our place in the stands. It might come as news to some of you, but there are some unwritten obligations that ev…

Virginia Tech often highlights its commitment to diversity and promise of a level playing field for all students. Religious minorities looking to celebrate their holidays have struggled to reconcile this with their lived experiences at Virginia Tech. The Faculty Handbook and Hokie Handbook l…

I remember four years ago, when I came to visit Blacksburg for the very first time — it was gorgeous. There were rolling green hills with red barns dispersed throughout, and heavily forested mountains. The drive alone nearly won me over, and the campus and its endless possibilities did the r…

featured top story

As Virginia Tech students and residents of the great Commonwealth of Virginia, we are ashamed, disappointed and angered by the news that has come out regarding our governor and state attorney general. The recent revelations that have come out about their past behaviors are shocking and unacc…

featured

It’s important that we talk about the article published in the Collegiate Times on Sunday. Titled “Women’s rights movements provoke mass hysteria, perpetuate victimhood culture,” this article attacks both the #MeToo and feminist movements. As I read the article, I was first angered, then hor…

I have never felt a high quite like that of my senior year at Virginia Tech. The culmination of all my work in the previous years, both in my academic life and social life, were finally at their peaks. From managing the photography section at the Collegiate Times, to running Humans of Virgin…

In light of recent events, I would like to address the growing narrative being suggested that Virginia Tech has some kind of racism problem. Ever since the women’s lacrosse team incident, there have been accusations on social media that Virginia Tech is behind on diversity, and cries that we…

featured

Dear Editor of the Collegiate Times,

I would hope that if the reporters and opinion writers of the Collegiate Times failed to know and incorporate facts into their reporting, the editors would inject some fact checking — guess not.

President Trump opened his State of the Union address by acknowledging the heroic first responders who came to the aid of victims in the floods that devastated Houston, Texas, and the wildfires that engulfed California. It’s a pity he didn’t mention what made these natural disasters so deadl…