After trailing by 11 points early in the second half, the Clemson Tigers finished the half on a 10-2 run and forced overtime.

Clemson outscored the Hokies 11-2 in the overtime period, and the women’s basketball team lost its ACC opener 63-54.

Vanessa Panousis led the Hokies in scoring with 16 points, but had just four assists to six turnovers. Both Taijah Campbell and Sidney Cook registered double-doubles: Campbell finished with 14 points and a career-high 14 rebounds and Cook finished with 14 points and 11 rebounds.

Clemson’s Nikki Dixon scored a game-high 21 points and grabbed 10 rebounds. Dixon scored nine of the Tigers’ last 15 points in regulation.

The Hokies dominated on the glass, winning the rebounding battle 59-31. Tech grabbed 22 offensive rebounds, but also turned the ball over 25 times.

Neither team found a rhythm offensively. Both teams shot less that 35 percent from the field. The Hokies shot just 2-10 from beyond the three-point line.

The game was tight at halftime, as Tech led 31-29. The Hokies opened up the second half on a 9-0 run, extending their lead to 11 with 17:15 remaining.

Clemson trailed by double-digits for most of the second half but finished the game on a 14-4 run to tie it up at 52 at the end of regulation.

Cook scored the first basket of overtime but the Hokies would not score again. Clemson finished the game on a 11-0 run, sealing the win for the Tigers.

With the loss, the Hokies dropped to 9-5 on the season. They will return to Cassell Coliseum to take on Virginia on Jan. 4 at 2 p.m.