VT WBB vs Nebraska

Virginia Tech Hokies center Elizabeth Kitley (33) happy for the lead against the Cornhuskers, Dec. 01 2022

Elizabeth Kitley was honored on Monday as the ACC women’s basketball Player of the Week following her performance during Virginia Tech’s win over Boston College on Dec. 7 and UNC Asheville on Dec. 11.

Over the course of the two victories, which moved the No. 6 Hokies to 10–0, Kitley averaged 20 points with 11 rebounds and shot 55%.

The senior center put up 22 points over the Eagles and tacked on another 18 against the Bulldogs on Sunday, collecting a double-double in both competitions. Kitley leads the ACC in rebounds (11.2) and double-doubles (8), ranking third in the nation for her double-double production. The North Carolina native is third in ACC scoring (18.8) and in games exceeding 20-points (5). Kitley is also second in blocks (21) in the conference.

Kitley is having a strong start to her senior season following being named the ACC Player of the Year in 2022. Tech has moved up one ranking to No. 6 in the AP Poll and will take on No. 5 Notre Dame next on Dec. 18 in Cassell Coliseum.