New York Giants vs Washington Redskins - Settle

Washington Redskins' defensive lineman Tim Settle (97) looks to make a move against the Giants' offensive line in a loss to the divisional rival at FedEx Field, Dec. 9, 2018.

The Week 14 edition of Next-Level Hokies was highlighted by the Fuller and Edmunds brothers putting up great stat lines as the NFL season approaches the playoffs. Kyle Fuller is now tied for first in the league in interceptions, and both Edmunds brothers are excelling through the ups and downs of rookie seasons in the NFL. Kendall Fuller’s performance is a large part of why the Chiefs look so poised for a deep playoff run in Kansas City.

Kyle Fuller

Kyle Fuller and the Bears’ defense effectively shut down the high-powered Rams’ offense as quarterback Jared Goff was intercepted four times and Los Angeles was held to only six points. Fuller tallied his league-best seventh interception of the season as Chicago prevailed by a score of 15–6.

Kendall Fuller

Kendall Fuller produced an excellent performance in Kansas City’s 27–24 overtime win at home against the Baltimore Ravens. Fuller recorded seven tackles and deflected three passes in the nail-biting victory at Arrowhead Stadium.

Tremaine Edmunds

Tremaine Edmunds recorded another solid outing to add to an impressive rookie campaign. Although the rookie linebacker tallied eight tackles, the Buffalo Bills were defeated by a score of 27–23 to the New York Jets.

Terrell Edmunds

Rookie defensive back Terrell Edmunds had a solid performance for the Pittsburgh Steelers as the Danville, Virginia, native recorded seven tackles. However, Edmunds struggled to match up against Raiders’ tight end Jared Cook, resulting in an Oakland defeat against Pittsburgh 24–21.

Chuck Clark

Chuck Clark and the Ravens’ defense resisted the explosive Chiefs’ offense admirably but lost in overtime by a score of 27–24. Clark recorded four tackles and a pass deflection as Baltimore struggled to outperform opposing quarterback Patrick Mahomes.

Greg Stroman

Greg Stroman and the Redskins’ defense experienced a forgettable weekend as the New York Giants crushed Washington by a score of 40–16. Stroman recorded two tackles and one pass deflection as the Skins fell to 6–7 on the season.

Antone Exum Jr.

Antone Exum Jr. recorded three tackles in San Francisco’s surprise win at home against the Denver Broncos. Exum Jr. has recently received a boost in playing time as the 49ers are starting to build momentum behind quarterback Nick Mullens.

Brandon Facyson

Cornerback Brandon Facyson has played only a small role in his rookie campaign with the Chargers, but the former Hokie standout recorded one tackle in Sunday’s win against the Cincinnati Bengals.

Tim Settle

Rookie defensive lineman Tim Settle was a small part in Washington’s loss to the Giants as the fifth round draft pick recorded one tackle. With Washington’s season sliding away, young players like Settle and Stroman may get more opportunities on the field.

Sports staff writer; @CTSportsTalk

Multimedia Journalism Major, Class of 2020.