Defending his swag: Antone Exum steps up

Several former Hokies have made solid contributions to their teams as the NFL season approaches the playoffs. Kendall Fuller and Terrell Edmunds are fighting for AFC playoff contention with the Chiefs and Steelers, while Kyle Fuller and the Bears clinched the NFC North this weekend.

Kendall Fuller

Kendall Fuller recorded his second interception of the season in a tough Thursday night loss to the Los Angeles Chargers. The Kansas City Chefs lost 29–28 and fell to 11–3 on the season.

Tremaine Edmunds

Rookie Tremaine Edmunds tallied eight tackles in Buffalo’s 14–13 win against the Detroit Lions. Edmunds has been one of the better defensive players on the Bills this year as their win total reached five this weekend. In addition, Edmunds caught attention on the internet for an equipment malfunction in which a teammate’s helmet got stuck to Edmunds’ jersey.

Terrell Edmunds

Rookie safety Terrell Edmunds was a crucial part of Pittsburgh’s primetime win at home against the New England Patriots. Edmunds recorded six tackles as the Steelers won 17–10. Pittsburgh is now 8–5–1 on the season and maintains first place in the AFC North.

Kyle Fuller

Kyle Fuller had a quiet performance for the Bears this weekend as Chicago defeated the Green Bay Packers by a score of 24–17. Fuller recorded two tackles and is still tied for first in the NFL with seven interceptions on the season.

Antone Exum Jr.

Antone Exum Jr. had one of his best games of the season as the San Francisco 49ers knocked off the Seattle Seahawks 26–23. Exum Jr. recorded six tackles as the 49ers gained their fourth win of the season.

Sports staff writer; @CTSportsTalk

Multimedia Journalism Major, Class of 2020.