VT vs Duke

Terrell Edmunds (22) runs the ball down the field, Oct. 28, 2017.

It was a quiet week for the Next-Level Hokies as bye weeks and injuries played a part in a minimal showing from former Hokie players in the NFL. Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds and cornerback Kyle Fuller were both on bye weeks, while Kendall Fuller exited with an injury this week.

Terrell Edmunds

Terrell Edmunds played well for Pittsburgh as the Steelers won their second straight victory. Edmunds recorded five tackles and a pass deflection as Pittsburgh went on to win 24–17 against the Los Angeles Chargers.

Kendall Fuller

Kansas City cornerback Kendall Fuller left Sunday’s game against the Houston Texans with a thumb injury and did not return to action. Fuller logged one tackle before the Chiefs went on to lose 31–24. The fourth-year defensive back will be examined this week to check the severity of his injury.

Joey Slye

Panthers kicker Joey Slye was three for five on field goals in Carolina’s 37–26 victory against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Slye connected on all four of his extra points and still stands solid as Carolina’s starting kicker following Graham Gano’s injury. The Panthers are on a four-game winning streak.

Chuck Clark

Safety Chuck Clark added three tackles to a strong defensive effort this weekend by the Baltimore Ravens. Baltimore defeated the Cincinnati Bengals 23–17 to improve to 4–2 on the season.

Brandon Facyson

Cornerback Brandon Facyson recorded one tackle for the Los Angeles Chargers in a hard-fought 24–17 loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Chargers fall to 2–4 on the season.