Edmundses at the Draft

Terrell and Tremaine Edmunds holding up jerseys of their new teams.

The NFL season is a quarter of the way completed, and this year’s group of next-level Hokies has been making its mark thus far. Several players this week such as Joey Slye and Kendall Fuller provided key contributions in close victories. A strong showing from Tremaine Edmunds and a career-long field goal from Joey Slye highlight this week’s edition of Next-level Hokies.

Tremaine Edmunds

Linebacker Tremaine Edmunds provided a strong defensive presence for Buffalo in a tough 16–10 loss to the Super Bowl champion New England Patriots. Edmunds was all over the field for Buffalo, recording a team-high 11 tackles. In addition, the former Hokie also tallied two tackles-for-loss and one pass deflection. The Bills fall to 3–1 on the season.

Kendall Fuller

Cornerback Kendall Fuller was solid on defense in an otherwise offensive shootout between the Kansas City Chiefs and Detroit Lions. Fuller recorded eight tackles, one tackle-for-loss and one pass deflection. Kansas City narrowly defeated the Lions by a score of 34–30 to remain undefeated on the season.

Joey Slye

Through one quarter of the season, kicker Joey Slye has secured his starting role with the Carolina Panthers after another quality kicking performance Sunday. Slye was three-for-three on field goals and converted on his only extra point. The former Hokie placekicker drilled a career-long 55-yard field goal in Carolina’s 16–10 victory over the Houston Texans.

Kyle Fuller

Pro-bowl cornerback Kyle Fuller had a solid performance in Chicago’s 16–6 victory over the Minnesota Vikings. Fuller recorded six tackles and one pass deflection as the Bears improved to 3–1 on the season.

Terrell Edmunds

Safety Terrell Edmunds had a quiet performance in Pittsburgh’s 27–3 victory over the Cincinnati Bengals on Monday night. Edmunds recorded four tackles as the Steelers came away with their first win of the season.

Tim Settle

Tim Settle provided a spark in an otherwise poor performance by the Washington Redskins in Sunday’s 24–3 loss to the New York Giants. Settle had two tackles and forced a key fumble early in the game. The Redskins fall to 0–4 on the season.

Chuck Clark

Safety Chuck Clark recorded two tackles in Baltimore’s 40–25 loss to the Cleveland Browns. After a 2–0 start to the season, the Ravens have lost two in a row and fall to 2–2.