Bored this summer? Want to add some color, spice, or pizzazz to your room next year? A fun covered headboard could be the perfect addition to your room.
Here’s what you need:
-2 yards of your favorite fabric
-1 piece of plywood*
-1 roll of batting from a craft store
-Staple gun and staples
*Before you buy your plywood, make sure to measure the width of your bed so the headboard is the same length as your bed.
Now, the fun can begin!
1) Lay down the plywood on a sturdy surface. Spray with the adhesive.
2) Cover the adhesive with the batting in a single layer.
3) Repeat if you’d like your headboard to be more plush.
4) Trim off extra batting, so it is flush with the plywood.
5) Lay fabric on top of the batting-covered plywood. Carefully flip the board over so the bare wood is exposed, and the extra fabric hangs around the edges.
6) Pull the fabric around the back, and secure with the staple gun.
7) Continue stapling all the way around the back of the board. Make sure to pull the fabric tight so it does not bunch in the front.
Your headboard is now complete! The plywood should rest comfortably on your bed-frame, as well as add some spice to your room.