With the cool weather kicking in, it only means one thing: winter. Christmas is fast approaching, and what would be a better way to start off the holiday season than with Christmas cookies? This melted snowman cookie is sure to be a hit at a holiday party, with its appearance and delicious sugary taste.
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 10 minutes
1 package Betty Crocker sugar cookie mix
10 large marshmallows
Betty Crocker icing (white and orange)
decorating icing tubes (black and green)
1. Follow cookie mix directions on box to prepare dough.
2. Grab a golf-ball size chunk and squish it down until it’s about 1/4- to 1/2-inch thick. Bake according to box’s directions.
3. Once cookies are cool, load them up with cookie icing, spreading it around with the back of a spoon. Let some dribble over the edge for a “puddle” effect.
4. Spray a microwave-safe plate with cooking spray and place marshmallows on the plate. Set the microwave for 30 seconds, but watch the marshmallows as they cook. Stop the microwave as soon as the marshmallows start to get puffy. Do not let them double in size.
5. Spray your fingers with cooking spray or grease them up with shortening, and carefully pull the marshmallows off, by the base, and set them on top of the frosted cookies.
6. Decorate cookies as you like with more frosting.