With the Super Bowl quickly approaching, this recipe is highly appropriate for Sunday’s football festivities. The game, bonding with friends and the infamous commercials are all important aspects of this day. However, what would football be without food? Try this tasty appetizer, which is sure to make a statement at any Super Bowl party. After all, who can say no to bacon?
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
24 tater tots, partially defrosted
12 strips of bacon, cut in half
24 small chunks of sharp cheddar cheese
1. Preheat oven to 450 degrees, and spray a baking sheet with nonstick spray.
2. Take half of a piece of bacon, and place it on a flat surface. Place a tater tot on top.
3. Using a knife, cut across the tater tot creating a slit for the cheese.
4. Place a small chunk of cheese inside the slit and begin rolling bacon around the tater tot. Secure with a toothpick.
5. Place in the oven, and bake for 15 minutes or until the bacon is crispy.