Summer is near and sometimes the best warm weather treat is something cool and refreshing. While this snack requires more effort to make, it’s definitely worth the extra hassle. Sweet, light, and airy — you can’t go wrong with this cheesecake treat.
Prep Time: 30 minutes
Cook Time: 50 minutes
2 cups frozen blueberries
1/2 cup sugar
2 tablespoons corn starch
2 tablespoons cold water
3 cups graham crackers, crushed
1/2 cup butter, melted
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon brown sugar
32 ounces cream cheese, softened
1 cup sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. Heat oven to 325 degrees and line a 9-by-13 baking pan with parchment paper.
2. Add frozen blueberries in medium saucepan over medium-high heat, stirring occasionally. Cook for about seven minutes, or until blueberries have begun to thaw and release juices. Stir in sugar until well combined. Cook for an additional five minutes or until mixture starts to bubble.
3. Mix together corn starch and water to form a paste. Add blueberry mixture and remove from heat, stirring occasionally to release heat and allow mixture to cool down faster.
4. Combine graham crackers, butter, sugar and brown sugar. Press into bottom of baking pan.
5. Beat cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together until well combined. Add eggs one at a time until mixture is smooth.
6. Pour cream cheese mixture over graham cracker crust and top with dollops of blueberry topping. Slowly pull a knife through the dollops of blueberry to make designs.
7. Bake for 50 minutes or until the center is set. Center should jiggle but should not be liquid in the middle.
8. Let cool, cut into bars and enjoy.