With the beginning of a new school year, this recipe is a perfect way to start off the semester. Try this sweet corn risotto as a special dinner treat to yourself, or enjoy it with others.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 30 minutes
1 small onion
2 ears of sweet corn (2 cups of corn)
3 cloves garlic
1 1/2 cups Arborio or Carnaroli rice
1/2 cup white whine
6 cups chicken stock
4 tablespoons butter
1/4 cup cream
1/4 cup parmesan cheese
1. Bring the chicken stock to a simmer over medium heat.
2. Mince the onion and garlic, as well as about 1/4 cup of the fresh parsley. shuck the ears of corn and remove the kernels with a sharp knife. Add the vegetable scraps to the chicken stock.
3. Combine the cream and parmesan cheese in a small bowl. Allow it to come to room temperature.
4. Over low to medium heat, saute the onions and garlic until translucent (about 10 minutes).
5. Add two tablespoons of butter to the pan with the onions. Add rice. Stir for two to three minutes until it has taken on a pale golden color. Add 1/2 cup white wine and stir until the wine is absorbed (about five minutes).
6. Add 1/2 cup of stock to the rice and stir until absorbed. Continually add the stock, 1/2 cup at a time, stirring constantly until the rice is cooked (about 15-20 minutes).
7. Remove from heat. Stir in two tablespoons of butter, the cream mixture, fresh parsley and the sweet corn. Season with salt and pepper to taste.