Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 30 minutes
2 filets of tilapia
2 tablespoons fresh parsley
1 clove of garlic
1 stick of unsalted butter
3 small yellow squashes
1 ear of sweet corn
1. In a pan, melt the stick of butter over low heat. Mince the parsley, shallot and garlic; add to the pan. Cook for 10 minutes until the onions are broken down and translucent. The butter should be lightly bubbling.
2. Allow the tilapia filets to come to room temperature before cooking. Trim any loose bits or uneven edges from the fish. Season the filets generously with salt and pepper, and place them into the melted butter.
3. After about five minutes, the fish should begin to take on an opaque white color. Flip the filets and leave them for another five minutes. Remove the tilapia from the pan. Drain all but two tablespoons of the butter mixture.
4. Holding the ear of sweet corn vertically cut downward and trim the corn away from the cob. Halve the squash and cut uniform, semi-circular pieces.
5. Turn the pan to medium heat.
6. Add the vegetables to the pan. Liberally add salt and pepper to the vegetables, and cook them for 10 minutes or until the squash is tender. Juice the lemon and add it to the vegetables.