As a cold front approaches the region into Thursday, keep your umbrella nearby because we will see summer-like temperatures with a high in the upper 70s and cloudy skies, and a 30 percent chance of precipitation throughout the day into Thursday night as the cold front reaches the area, dropping the lows into the upper 50s. The cold front is expected to stall over the area on Friday, keeping highs in the low 70s and a 40 percent chance of precipitation and possible thunderstorms into Friday night with lows in the low 50s.

It is going to be a gross weekend with precipitation expected to stay in the region with the cold front from Friday night until Sunday. If you are heading out to Relay For Life Friday through Saturday, have an umbrella and rain jacket because you will need it. Saturday lows drop into the low 60s with a 60 percent chance of precipitation. We see the chance of precipitation increase to 80 percent Saturday night with lows in the upper 40s. The precipitation will continue throughout the day Sunday with highs in the low 60s and an 80 percent chance of precipitation. As the cold front begins to move out of the area Sunday night, lows will drop into the upper 40s with a 60 percent chance of precipitation. As we begin the last full week of classes, the precipitation clears out on Monday with highs in the low 60s.

Follow @HOKIEwxWATCH on Twitter for any updates!