A strong cold front moves through our area this afternoon into night, bringing with it the chance for severe thunderstorms today. Our area was under a severe thunderstorm watch through 5 p.m. this afternoon. As the rain continues overnight, we will see lows remain in the lower 40s.

By Thursday morning, a high-pressure system will begin building in our area, bringing sunny skies and cooler weather. Our high on Thursday will remain in the upper 40s with lows in the lower 30s. However, the sunny skies will not last for long, as a cold air system pushes into our area through Friday morning bringing with it a 20 percent of trace amounts of snow and rainfall and colder air through the day Friday.

With highs in the upper 30s on Friday, make sure to bring a jacket for the walk to class. As classes end Friday and spring break begins, it will not feel much like spring with overnight lows on Friday in the lower 20s.

Another high pressure system pushes into the area Saturday through Sunday. Saturday will see highs in the mid-40s and sunny skies, however, the cold air remains with lows only reaching the upper 20s Saturday night. Sunday will feel more like spring with highs in the low 60s with sunny skies and lows in the low 40s as we prepare for another frontal system expected to move into the area early next week.

Be sure to follow @HOKIEwxWATCH for any updates!