At the beginning of this week, we saw a cold snap that ended with some winter weather. It looks as though we will be seeing the same through the end of the week as well. There was a little bit of what felt like springtime in the middle of the week, but that was short-lived.

Thursday, which is also Groundhog Day, will be mostly sunny with a high in the low 40s and a low temperature in the mid- to upper 20s. These temperatures are average for this time of year.

Up in Punxsutawney, Pennsylvania, where Phil the Groundhog lives, it is predicted that it will be mostly cloudy with a chance of snow. Hopefully he will not see his shadow and spring will come soon! 

Friday will bring mostly cloudy skies to our area with slightly colder temperatures all day. The high will only reach right around 40 degrees while the low will drop down almost into the teens that night. Winds should be light in the morning and then pick up in the later morning getting up to 5 to 7 miles per hour.

Moving into Saturday, it will be sunny throughout the day with clouds increasing in the nighttime. These clouds are associated with a storm that is likely to bring precipitation to our region. Over the past few days, there have been varying thoughts of what this storm is likely to bring. The models were showing lots of different types of precipitation, but as for now it has settled on all snow at first with temperatures around freezing, then switching over into rain during the evening as the temperatures warm up to the low 40s throughout the day. This could change in the next few days so make sure to keep an eye on the forecast and to prepare accordingly.