Fall

The leaves at Virginia Tech begin to change color on the academic side of campus, Oct. 2016.

The pattern of last week’s cloudy skies will continue throughout this upcoming week and will be accompanied by even cooler temperatures and some breezy wind over the weekend. On Monday, a warm jacket will be beneficial as the afternoon temperature will be in the low 50s bringing some partly cloudy skies throughout the area. As nighttime rolls around, temperatures will drop into the mid-30s with partly cloudy skies.

Temperatures will decrease slightly Tuesday afternoon with a high in the upper 40s and a low in the low 30s with some cloudy skies.

Wednesday temperatures will increase slightly with a high in the mid-50s and a low in the low 40s, but a jacket will still be necessary to stay warm. Thursday and Friday will continue the trend of partly cloudy skies throughout the day with highs in the low 50s and nighttime temperatures in the low 30s.

Heading into the weekend, a jacket and umbrella might be beneficial as there is a 60 percent chance of rain on Saturday accompanied by a high in the upper 40s and a low in the low 30s. Moving into Sunday the chance of rain will dissipate and expect temperatures to decrease.

Follow @HOKIEwxWatch on Twitter for any updates.