A high-pressure system will remain over our area throughout the next week resulting in fall-like temperatures and clear skies.

We start the school week off Monday with a high in the mid-60s with sunny skies throughout the day. The clear skies will persist through Monday night as we cool down to a low in the upper 30s. Make sure you wear something warm for your Monday night classes. Tuesday, we warm up slightly with a high in the upper 60s with mostly sunny skies. However, clouds will move into our area through the evening, which will keep our overnight low slightly warmer in the mid-40s.

Due to a front expected to move through our area Tuesday night, temperatures will cool back down Wednesday, with a high in the low 60s and partly sunny skies. You will want to bring your jacket to your Wednesday night classes; it will be chilly once again, with a low in the upper 30s to low 40s with partly cloudy skies.

Blacksburg will continue to see fall-like temperatures and clear skies throughout the day through Friday; however, as a cold front moves through our area Friday night, we will again see colder temperatures. This is just in time for the Hokies' home game against Georgia Tech on Saturday.

Follow @HOKIEwxWatch on Twitter for any updates!