The past few days we have had relatively mild temperatures in the upper 60s and low 70s which means it is finally starting to feel a little bit like fall!

It is going to be a nice day on Thursday with mostly sunny skies and temperatures reaching the low 70s. Later that night, the temperature will dip down into the low 50s and there is a slight chance for precipitation after 2 a.m. Starting after 8 a.m. on Friday, there will be a chance of showers throughout the day. The temperature will peak in the upper 60s during the afternoon and will drop down into the upper 50s Friday night. Overnight there is also a chance for some showers which will also continue well into Saturday. The high for that day will be in the upper 60s. Some of the clouds are expected to clear up that evening leaving partly cloudy skies during the night with the temperatures going down into the low 50s.

Expect sunny skies and temperatures in the mid-60s for Sunday. It should be a great day for all those running the Hokie Half Marathon & 5K. At the start of the race, around 7:30 a.m., the temperatures will be in the low 50s and will slowly rise throughout the race. Overnight for Sunday will be mostly clear with lows in the mid-40s.

Although not too much rain is expected throughout this time period, keep an eye out for the track of Hurricane Matthew because that could drastically change the forecast if it turns more to the west rather than going out to sea after swiping the coasts of the Carolinas as it seems to be doing now. Looking forward into the week ahead we should expect mostly sunny skies with slightly above average temperatures in the upper 60s and low 70s.

Follow @HOKIEwxWatch on Twitter for any updates!