A frontal boundary moves through our area Wednesday night, bringing with it a 90 percent chance of rain and thunderstorms into early Thursday morning. Cold air is ushered in behind the frontal boundary Wednesday night and will drop the high temperature into the lower 30s.

Thursday afternoon will bring a 20 percent chance of snow and will see windy conditions with gusts up to 37 mph, so make sure you have a windbreaker to stay warm while walking around campus.

The Blacksburg area will remain under a wind advisory throughout the day Thursday and into Friday morning with overnight lows dropping down into the mid-teens with wind chills into the single digits. However, the bone-chilling cold will not last for long; by sunrise on Friday morning you'll see the windy conditions end and sunny skies persist with a high into the lower 40s and overnight lows in the lower 30s.

As a high pressure system continues to build in our area throughout the weekend we will see warmer temperatures and sunshine creep back into the region with a high in the lower 60s on Saturday and hit a low in the upper 40s.

By Sunday, we see clouds begin to move back into the area, but we maintain those warmer temperatures with a high in the upper 60s and a low in the lower 30s.