Following the oddly warm weather for fall, we will see temperatures starting to drop once again. A strong cold front will be moving in Thursday night into Friday, followed by a Canadian high pressure building back into our area over the weekend. Make sure you have an extra layer on if you plan to go out at night this weekend with these cold temperatures!

Today will see mostly sunny skies followed by showers and a possible thunderstorm for the late afternoon. That chance for precipitation will stay at 80 percent into the night. The highs will be in the mid-70s with low temperatures in the upper 40s. The chance for showers and a possible thunderstorm will end around 8 p.m., followed by a slight chance for showers between 8 p.m. and 11 p.m., otherwise partly cloudy skies.

Friday will stay sunny with high temperatures dropping to the upper 50s. There will be a northwest wind that may reach up to 11 mph. Friday night will see clear skies with lows dropping into the mid-30s. Saturday will see a slight increase in temperature with highs in the low 60s and overnight lows in the upper 30s. Daytime will continue with sunny skies with a slight increase in clouds by nighttime. Sunday will see similar skies to Saturday, with high temperatures in the mid-60s and low temperatures in the upper 30s. Early next week will remain similar to the weekend. Remember that Daylight Saving Time is Sunday, so we’ll have an extra hour of sleep that morning!