Blacksburg will see a slight rise in temperature in the beginning of the week, before dropping once again. A high pressure system passed over on Sunday, while a low pressure system developed across the central United States. The pressure change will bring a cold front into our region during the earlier part of the coming week along with rain.

By midweek, another low pressure system will develop in the southeast states, bringing another wave of rainfall into the area. Monday will start mostly cloudy with highs in the low 50s and lows in the low 40s. After 10 p.m., there will be a 100 percent chance for showers.

Tuesday will see a 90 percent chance for showers before 4 p.m. and highs in the mid-60s. Tuesday night will see overnight lows in the upper 40s. The chance for showers will pick back up again around 1 a.m., with only a 30 percent chance. That chance will continue to rise to around 80 percent during the day on Wednesday. Showers will persist through the entire day with highs in the low 60s. The 80 percent chance for showers will continue through the night with temperatures dropping to the low 40s. A slight chance for showers will continue on Thursday before disappearing for the weekend. Temperatures will drop once again after the rain ends.

Follow @HOKIEwxWatch on Twitter for any updates!