The Blacksburg community has been enjoying some nice warm and sunny weather over the past few days, but unfortunately this is about to change as we continue on in the week. The forecast is calling for cooler temperatures with rain and possible thunderstorms for the next few days and then sunny skies as we shift into next week.

Thursday is expected to be mostly sunny, but rain and possible thunderstorms are expected in the area later in the day. The high is forecasted to be in the upper 70s with a low in the mid-50s. Taking a look at the forecast during the Miami game, the temperature will be in the low 70s at 7 p.m., the start of the game, and will slowly get cooler with temperatures being forecasted in the upper 60s at 8 p.m. and mid-60s at 9 p.m. Rain showers are forecasted for the entire football game so, if you plan on attending, remember to bring a rain jacket as umbrellas are not allowed!

The Friday forecast continues to call for showers with a high in the low 60s and the low in the low 40s. The chance of precipitation is 60 percent. On Saturday the weather on campus is back to being mostly sunny. The high is in the mid-50s and the low is in the low 40s. Sunday will be mostly sunny with a high in the low 60s and the low in the mid-40s. The chance of precipitation is at zero percent. Continuing on into next week, the weather for Virginia Tech will continue to be sunny with high temperatures in the mid-60s and low temperatures in the upper 40s.

Follow @HOKIEwxWatch on Twitter for any updates!