Over the past few days, we have had relatively warm temperatures, except on Wednesday, when we only saw a high in the upper 40s with stronger winds blowing around campus. Throughout this upcoming week, the temperatures will be on the rise, continuing into the weekend with mostly sunny skies in the forecast.

On Thursday, high pressure will move into our area, bringing sunny skies and highs in the low 50s. Overnight temperatures will drop down into the low 30s, and skies will remain mostly clear throughout the night. The high pressure will still be in place on Friday, which will mean partly to mostly sunny skies. Warmer air is flowing into our region from the South, which is bringing temperatures up to the lower 60s on Friday.

Saturday temperatures will be slightly above normal, reaching the low 70s, and mostly cloudy skies are expected. As Sunday approaches, the chance of precipitation goes up.

A cold front will be moving through the region, bringing with it the potential for rain in the morning to early afternoon. The temperatures will not decrease too much though, with high temperatures in the upper 60s. This is the first of a few fronts that will pass this coming week, and the low temperature will drop down into the upper 40s on Sunday night.